The white town of Whistler in the North of Vancouver, Canada. It is the abode of one of the largest and stunning ski resort, Whistler Blackcomb, in North America. You might try out skiing as well as snowboarding, along with ski jumping and tobogganing at the Olympic Park. This Olympic Park was built for serving as the venue for the Vancouver Winter Olympics in 2010.
This resort town is located in the southern part of Pacific Ranges of the Coast Mountain in British Columbia. It is a typical pedestrian village with chalet-style architect all around amidst the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler mountains.
This pedestrian village sees a rush of approximately two million tourists each year for alpine snowboarding and skiing. Even in the summer season, it doesn’t go out of visitors with a huge number of people streaming in for mountain biking in the Blackcomb mountains.
Know about Whistler’s Prominence as a Major Skiing Destination
- The village has also won a lot of dignity and fame by being bored as the top destinations in North America for skiing for a lot many prestigious ski magazines.
- At the time of 2010 Winter Olympics, alpine, skeleton, luge, Nordic, and bobsled skiing events were conducted in Whistler itself. Whereas the freestyle skiing along with all types of snowboarding events was conducted in Cypress Mountain, close to Vancouver.
- The best part of Whistler is that it serves the heavenly feeling of the Nordic sports skiing on its trails worth Olympic level along with the beauty of the Pristine Mountain.
- The trail is stretched as long as 160 kilometers serving all levels of skiing with a diverse skiing variety for an ideal vacation.
- One might even be thrilled to discover a lot many venues that offer night skiing, cross-country skiing, dog-friendly trails, biathlon and so much more.
- What added more to its attractive features is that Whistler can be easily reached by road or air located at a small distance from Vancouver.
- While winter sessions are filled with skiing, Nordic sports and snowboarding, warmer mouths are best situated for hiking and mountain biking.
- Apart from adventurous sorts, Whistler also proves itself to be a great host of other leisure activities that include speed, festivals, bars, and restaurants.
After so much to enjoy at one stop, what could be a better destination for vacation if not Whistler?
The Great Geography of Whistler that Boosts it’s Skiing and Snowboarding Craze
1) Its pistes are sierras over 8,171 access to land. On a bit detailed basis, this whole area comprises of geography suited for 18 percent beginner skiers (which is regarded as green), 55 percent for intermediate (interpreted as blues) and finally 27 percent of its whole skiing region for experts (entitled as blacks).
2) The steeper pitches, suited for expert skiers, are signified as black diamonds, sometimes even as double black diamonds depending on the risk factor respectively.
3) The complete area and surrounding of Whistler comprise of total 200 ruins along with 1,610 meters of lift-served as verticals, 12 alpine bowls, 37 lifts and lastly three stunning glaciers.
What Recent Updates or Changes Contribute to Whistler’s Earlier Fame?
- In 2008, Peak 2 peak gondola was opened which serves as stations that are half-way above Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. This fantastic feature provides convenient connectivity to both the hills along with three Whistler bases namely- Whistler Village, Creekside, and Upper Village.
- The brand new Crystal quad located on Blackcomb mountain helps in reaching the Crystal Since, hence, increasing the capacity by a percentage of 65.
- Moreover, the recent development of Crystal Ridge Express that boosts high-speed chair over the areas of Blackcomb Mountain has also enhanced the accessibility to Crystal Zone for both skiers as well as snowboarders of all types.
- In addition to this, some risky and narrow sections of the area have been widened as well.
- In 2013, six Wonder Routes were inaugurated skiing with a custom of tours, a network of trails along with stops to be available for skiers and snowboarders of all levels to navigate the whole area thoroughly.
Special Services Available for the Skiers and Snowboarders in Whistler
- Apart from all this, the resort also ribs an orientation tour for free. It is meant for both experts as well as intermediates that start at 11:15 am in the morning daily, one for each- Blackcomb and Whistler mountains.
- A programme called Fresh Tracks is conducted specially for the freshmen or the early birds to provide them an opportunity to get on the snowy slopes for the very first time.
- This beautiful and mesmerizing resort also provides the tourist skiers and rides an opportunity to ski or ride and learn from a number of Winter Olympic athletes in a group of 4 or 5.
It’s no doubt after this that why Whistler is regarded as the most visited and admired skiing attraction in the North America.