The gorgeous valley of Saas valley or the Saastal beholds a mesmerising resort village in Saas-Fee. This municipality is situated in the Visp district in the Valais canton in Switzerland.
What makes this destination the wanted in the lists of snow adventurers is its location in the Alps close to the Italian border. It rises up by 4,000 metres above the sea level amidst the snow covered even.
The Charm For Skiers
The village resort’s centre of attraction is it’s more than 100 km of pistes available for snowboarding and skiing, one might even turn to sledding or toboggan runs here.
The ice pavilion Mittelallalin situated in the Fee glacier is of frozen grotto craving. This place seems to be created by heaven just for the grace of skiing and skateboarding, but during summer the, the place also transforms itself as the venue for draw hikers and rock climbers.
The captivating beauty of Saas-Fee looks no less stunning than miniature Zermatt eliminating the conspicuous factor.
The compelling fame of Alps is just enough to captivate a tourists hurt, but above that the extremely snow at an altitude between 2500 metre too 3500 metre is unrivalled paradise.
Explore More About Breath-taking Saas-Fee
This is a traditional or conventional mountain village with nature beauty, narrow lanes by years old chalets, free from pollution.
Inspite of expansion and its growing fame as a tourist destination, Saas-Fee is still able to retain its village-like feel and charm with sheds of cows that can be still spotted through your vehicle’s window.
The village’s summer sun is way to mesmerising to make you take long walks across the street, making peace with yourself. But it is also to be noted that the sun are a bit scarce must time of the day during winter.
Moreover, being a small village, Saas-Fee stretches out to 2 km in length with slopes and lifts mainly concentrated at one end of its frontiers. While there is transportation system in the village, most of the people just prefer walking around everywhere.
And it is only in the central location that the biggest lift of the region- the Alpin Express Gondola is located for your best skiing adventure.
The views from the top of the 4000 metre peaks are simply enchanting and stunning on a soulful funny day. The higher you climb, the better it gets.
The Plus Points of Saas-Fee
• The best part is that the most of the runs are located at extremely high altitudes, thus, ensuring the snow.
• It is also a great place for the early intermediates.
• It is a traditional mountainous village to keep you far from the madding crowd for a while. Though there are very less vehicles, it could be safely called a car-free village.
• The scenic beauty amidst the dramatic backdrop of gorgeous glaciers and high peaks is all that one desires for.
• It is also a great destination with off-slope leisure activities and facilities.
The Best Location Nearby
The Pearl of the Alps is best endorsed by its natural beauty and snow sports facilities. It is located on a high plateau in the Saas valley. While Saas-Fee is no undefined jwell, the nearby places of Saas localities are also great for a visit –
• Saas-Grund is situated in the heart of the variety and is extremely favourable for high altitude trails with it being the starting.
• Whereas, the main significance of Saas-Almagell, which drives tourists to come here is its natural dam, Mattmark.
• Saas-Balen, on the other hand, is abode to Late Baroque circular church. This buildings is raised to the national significance for the Swiss compline with the ferocious Fell Brook flowing through the centre of the village.
Saas Valley, as a whole, stands out for its hiking and thematic trails for the whole family that is spread throughout a breathtaking distance of 350 km. Combining the pistes including all levels of hardships, the ski region can give a large measurement of 150 km.
These pistes are properly connected with almost more than twenty railways leading to the destination, along with the much known Alpine Metro that takes the responsibility of dropping the passengers to the gorgeous and dreamy restaurant titled as the world’s highest revolving restaurant.
Best in Switzerland for Skiing
The winter ski location of Saas-Fee is undoubtedly the heart of the complete region that serves as ski destination, with its 100 km of fully furnished pistes and as many as 22 lifts.
If you are not even satisfied with it then in that case, Saas-Fee further provides an area for doing in nearby region, namely, Kreuzboden-Hochsaas located above Saas-Grund.
The adventure doesn’t end here, once in Saas-Fee; the snow adventure only gets more and more tempting and hard to leave at the end of the vacation. This breath-taking and peaceful resort village is everything that a skier cans ever desire of and even more.